By JoAnna Brandi (Use these with “I” or “we” just as effectively.)
Click her to download a pdf version of Appreciating Empowering Asset focused questions 2013
- How can I use this?
- What’s great about this?
- Where’s the gift in this?
- What’s fascinating about this?
- What’s called for now?
- What can we do about this now?
- What actions do we need to take?
- What are the options here?
- What’s possible?
- What’s strong?
- What one change would produce the best result the quickest?
- What one change would produce the most dramatic result?
- What is perfect about where we are now?
- What can we learn from this?
- What are we happy about right now?
- What’s good here?
- What can we be excited about?
- What works well?
- What are we most proud of?
- What’s going well? What’s going well and why?
- What can we appreciate?
- What can we be grateful for?
- In what ways might we think bigger? Broader? More wholistically?
- What can we do to affect people more positively?
- How can we create more value?
- How can we be more valuable?
- What is life asking us to do differently right now?
- What’s a new way of looking at this?
- How can we create remarkable experiences that are worth coming back for and worth telling friends about?
- How can we create more positive emotions, more deliberately and more frequently than ever before?
- How can we expand our positive capacity in this organization and beyond?
- In what ways might we…
- (An IWWMW question is great for creatively generating ideas)
The following “Asset Focused” Questions are reprinted with permission from writer and coach, Mary Jane Ryan:
- What could work here?
- How I could make this better?
- What I can make possible?
- What is right about what’s wrong?
- What is my intention?
- What needs are being satisfied by this?
- What can I learn here?
- How could I prevent this?
- How can I get around this?
- What’s important about this to me?
- What is the best of what can happen next?
How Positive Are YOUR Leadership Practices?
How Engaged is YOUR Workforce?
Not Positive Enough?
Call JoAnna Brandi to find out about
Positive Leadership Coaching Today