March 20th is International Happiness Day! Hooray! Happiness Week is the 17- 26th.
There are MANY ways to celebrate, but this year since it’s so important for each and every person to focus on well being – yours and others – my suggestions will start a little more personal than business related – and then I’ll share some ideas for work.
- Spread happiness: Spread joy and positivity to those around you. Compliment someone, share a funny meme, or simply smile at a stranger. Small actions can make a big difference. Take a stand for creating more happiness in the world by making it personal!
- Do something kind: Random acts of kindness can bring a lot of joy, both to the giver and the receiver. It could be as simple as holding the door for someone or paying for someone’s coffee. Maybe bring some healthy treats to share to work.
- Practice gratitude: Take some time to reflect on the things in your life that you’re grateful for. Write them down or share them with someone. Repeat.
- Spend time with loved ones: Plan a fun day with family and friends. It could be a picnic, a movie night, or a game night.
- Get active: Exercise is a great way to boost your mood. Go for a run, take a yoga class, or try a new workout.
- Connect with nature: Spending time in nature can have a calming effect and improve your well-being. Take a hike, go for a bike ride, or have a picnic in the park.
- Treat yourself: Do something that makes you happy, whether it’s getting a massage, buying a new book, or indulging in your favorite dessert.
And here’s a few ways you can celebrate at work
- Give back to the community: Find ways to give back to the community as a team. This could be through volunteering, donating to a charity, or organizing a fundraiser. Giving back can help everyone feel a sense of purpose and happiness.
- Create a more positive work environment: Make sure the work environment is clean, comfortable, and well-lit. Encourage people to personalize their workspace, and provide healthy snacks or drinks to keep everyone energized.
- Show appreciation – do an “appreciation audit” to build your “noticing” muscle – the more things you notice to appreciate the more you can share!
- Celebrate achievements: Celebrate milestones, accomplishments, and successes as a team. This could be through a party, awards ceremony, or even just a simple shoutout.
A little history: In 2011, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution which recognized happiness as a “fundamental human goal” and called for “a more inclusive, equitable and balanced approach to economic growth that promotes the happiness and well-being of all peoples”. We began celebrating it worldwide in 2013!
This year the theme is “Mindful – Grateful – Kind” and we’ve created a series of teaching memes that we are posting on social media all week. See all our media links below and please join us!
And a special gift from me – sit back and relax with the VIDEO “18 Ways to Stay Positive in A Changing, Challenging and Sometimes Negative World”
You will find it and so much more on my You Tube Channel
And it’s a great time to get a hold of my book “54 Ways to Stay Positive in A Changing Challenging and Sometimes Negative World” This awesome little book can be customized for your WHOLE TEAM!
Hook up with me on social and find SO much more teachings on happiness weekly!
Be well and stay happy,